Note: this is a fundraiser for Steph to get some new boobs after cancer. Who doesn’t have $2 for bewbs and a haiku?
Charity is great but sometimes getting something in return is nice too!
So here is the deal:
Later on this afternoon after (4pm CST) I plan to run a promotion where I will offer a haiku for every $2 donation I’m given.
I will be having several people on Twitter RT so everyone gets a chance to be aware of what’s going on.
If you plan to be involved financially I ask that you donate your $2 then submit an ask with your Twitter or Tumblr handle, first name, and the initial of your last name. I will be posting the haikus here so that I don’t clog up the TL and so that even those who cannot afford to be involved financially can read them. I am projecting a 24 hour turn around on the Haiku’s but this depends greatly on the number of people who decide to participate!
Its very important for you to follow these guidelines carefully because when Paypal alerts me of a donation I only receive your given name so in order for me to write your haiku and tag you in it I need your pseudonym.
Thanks in advance and let’s have fun with this!
- Do you have to donate exactly $2? Nope. If you would like to you most certainly can donate more but I am afraid I can only commit to one haiku per donation per person. Should you like to donate less that’s fine too but please understand that the poems will be strictly for those that choose to donate $2 or more US dollars.
- I don’t have a Tumblr account how can I send you an ask? You have three options! You can click the envelope on the upper right hand side of my blog screen and send me “fan mail” with the information, you can also submit an anonymous ask with your info once i enable anonymous asks this afternoon, or you can join Tumblr for free and you’ll be able to follow my progress and submit asks as a member of the tumblr community!
- Do I have to have a PayPal account to donate? Yup. But the accounts are free and one of the most secure ways to send funds on the Internet. Once you set up your account you can use a credit or debit card or even your bank account to donate your $2.
- Will it cost me anything additional to donate?
Nope. The account is free and you pay nothing to belong to the PayPal community.
- How do I know you’re going to spend the money on your surgery and not something else? Honestly? You’re going to have to follow my blog and take my word for it. I plan to update it several times a week until I have my surgery. Which could very well take a long time but I’m willing to do what I need to do so I can feel better about myself. And yes, we all want to know that money we donate is going to a good cause. I plan to be as accountable as I can and will post the amounts I’ve earned and/or saved each week. But it’s $2, right now that’s not even a tank of gas to you, but for me it could mean the world.
- If I can’t commit financially can I help in other ways? ABSOLUTELY! This isn’t about money, guys, yes I do need to come up with $6k in order to get the surgery but I’m not relying solely on the generosity of strangers. I’m committed to allotting $20 a week myself. If you want to get involved Reblog this post RT me on Twitter (follow me @Hellraisinbgrrl) when I send out the announcement. The point is support.