1. I got the all clear from the cardiologist. My ticker looks really good. That’s a big relief.
2. I saw my GP today and got cultured for strep, but he thinks I’m just suffering from the flu lingering. He also prescribed me an antidepressant. Cross your fingers that it will work for me.
3. I put in an application for a part time clerical position with the school district. I know the competition will be numerous, but this job would be ideal.
4. I finally found a therapist for my oldest that I hope we’ll like. He spends the first 40 minutes with the child and the last 15 with the parents and encourages us to work together toward solutions.
5. I had been avoiding finding a therapist for myself due to lack of funds and general malaise. But one of the counselors I had left a message with for Isa called me back. I told her we had already found someone but asked if she was accepting new patients if it didn’t work out. She told me that she is planning on retiring in June, and I realized why her name sounded familiar. She is my sister’s therapist! My sister has urged me to see this woman. Being professional, she could neither confirm nor deny seeing my sister, but I made an appointment for next week. I just have to double check with the insurance company that she’s covered for me and not just my daughter.