Who tagged me: jagerbombnarcissism
Only play along if you want to-this took me a long time, but it was very fun. And I like jagerbombnarcissism a lot! If you follow “visual” blogs, I really enjoy his style.
Rule 1 - Post the rules.
Rule 2 - Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then make 11 new ones.
Rule 3 - Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
Rule 4 - Let them know you’ve tagged them
1. What were your 10 favorite TV shows as a kid and who were your favorite characters in each?
I didn’t have a TV until I was about nine, and we were pretty much only allowed to watch “The Waltons” and “Little House on the Prairie”, so I’m going to make those my first two. I really liked John Boy, because he was so smart and aspired to break out of the mold of his family, even though he loved them. On “Little House”, my favorite was Nellie, because she was an awesome character you loved to hate. I did see more TV as I got older, but those are the ones that really stuck with me, because getting to watch them was something we looked forward to all week. Yes, two hours of television a week.
2. Which era of time do you want to visit?
Hmmm. I’d have to go with the future. We were talking about this at home yesterday, and my oldest said she thought about visiting the past but was really bothered by the thought of the segregation and legal racism that existed during most of U.S. history. Proud moment-maybe I’ll just relive that one.
3. Favorite food and why?
It’s a toss up between lobster in butter and fresh, ripe mangoes. Um, because they are delicious!!
4. Which city do you want to live the rest of your life in?
I live in a medium sized town in Orange County, CA. I am shocked to say so, but I could happily live here the rest of my life.
5. Favorite genre of music?
Tough, but I’m going to say Classic Rock.
6. Your first Video Game console?
Ha! I’ve never had one, although there have been many in our home over the years-they all belong to my husband and kids. I did exist in the Pacman days, however. I even remember Donkey Kong. And I did play those in arcades occasionally.
7. What is your favorite movie from the past 15 years?
I’m gona go with a cliche and pick Fight Club. I couldn’t stand Brad Pitt before that movie, but he was great in it, and I loved him in Snatch too.
8. Name one car that you’d like to own?
I am happy with my current car-a 2007 Honda Odyssey, which is new to me. I guess it could have a few more bells and whistles, but to me a car is a way to get from here to there.
9. Biggest celebrity crush (dead or alive)?
Sidney Poitier. My first and always.
10. Imagine the greatest house party you’ve ever been to. Describe the house, who would attend, and the first 5 songs on the tracklist.
It would be held at my friend Lisa’s house. They have a pool, and an outdoor patio with pinball machines, pink flamingoes and tiki decor. The place would be full of friends from my town that we’ve known for years now. Couples and singles, ranging in age from teens to 50s, with lot of kids hanging out in the garage. Everyone would bring their favorite dish, and there would be food and drinks and great conversation.
The first five songs on the tracklist would be:
1. Nancy Lee-by Vintage Trouble
2. Say Hey (I love you)-by Michael Franti and Spearhead
3. Baby Got Back-by Sir Mix-a-lot
4. Billie Jean-by Michael Jackson
5.Fat Bottom Girls-by Queen
11. Any special talents?
I can’t think of a thing. Perhaps I have a talent for putting people at ease in social situations, but that’s not very exciting.
And now, my 11 questions:
- When was your first kiss?
- Did you have a teacher who inspired you or made a difference in your life?
- Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction and what are your five favorite books?
- What is the farthest you have traveled from home?
- If you had to eat one meal in one restaurant every night for dinner for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Do you consider yourself an artist? If so, tell me about it. If not, how do you categorize yourself in your own head?
- What is your biggest addiction?
- Talk radio or music?
- Bacon or sausage or veggie burgers?
- What is your favorite thing about tumblr?
- What made you smile today?